Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)This is an awesome RC truck!! Let me preface this review by stating that bought the truck from another online retailer for about half of what it's sold here. It appears that RC cars fall into one of three cost bands: Cheap (probably don't last), Midrange (this model), and Elite $300-500). I wouldn't trust the Cheap models to last very long and I can't justify the cost of the Elite models. So in light of this being in that Midrange price band, I feel I got what I paid for.
It's been awhile - probably about 20 years - since I've owned an RC car, so perhaps some standards have changed. For example, the controller feels a bit awkward. There are two thumb sticks, one for forward/reverse, the other right/left. I might have preferred the type of controller I grew up with: a pistol-grip with a trigger for acceleration and a wheel for steering. But...I got used to it fairly quickly as did my kids (it's hard to share, but you have to lead by example, right? Right?).
The build quality of the truck feels solid. I've already driven it off a half-flight of stairs and it came away without a scratch. The controller doesn't feel as solidly built, though I think it's plenty sturdy for years of play. While the battery is quick to charge, it could provide longer play time. And I wish there were an easier way to recharge it. Currently, I have to use a screwdriver to remove the battery cover, unclip the LiIon battery and plug it into a charger. It would have been better to either have a simple snap on battery case or a charging port right on the truck.
I took off a star for some of the shortcomings, but overall I think this is a great RC car for the money!
Pros: Fun!, durable, quick charging battery, fast!, water cannon!
Cons: Battery life, awkward recharging, suboptimal controller
Click Here to see more reviews about: Carrera Agent Black Water Gun with Xenon Light - 1:14 Scale
FeaturesManufacturer's Suggested Age: 6 Years and UpDimensions: Length: 13.58 "Scale: 1:14Additional InformationDPCI: 242-15-1863ASIN: B003IT5PYGCatalog #: 127365342 Rechargeable Li-ionbatteries includedImportedA remote-controlled off-road vehicle with a scale of 1:14. Xenon headlights and brake light. The Power Water Gun has a spray range of over 6 m. The vehicle has a full suspension system and differential plus stylish chrome rims.Ready to run - drive it at once, includes re-chargeable battery, charger and 9 V battery.Details:- Top speed of up to 18 km/h- Long playing time of up to 40 minutes- Short recharging time of approx. 1.2 hours- 7.4V-700mAh lithium-ion battery and charger 8.4V-500mA- Full driving and steering functionality- 2 speeds- Differential- RC tri-band technology- Controller with detachable joystick and strapBatteries: - Remote control: 4 AAA batteries included- Vehicle: 7.4 V - 700 mAh li-ion rechargeable battery included - Charger 8.4 V - 500 mA included
Click here for more information about Carrera Agent Black Water Gun with Xenon Light - 1:14 Scale
No comments:
Post a Comment